View Single Post
Old 07-29-06, 03:49 PM   #23
Jay Rose
I don't lose

IP:

okayyyyy the whole text thing.....if you're writing to a beat then its considered a form of ghostwriting but not technically rap....if you know anything about ghost writing the person who raps it doesnt go verbatim....they will add their own flare, voice inflections and annunciation on certian words, so just writing the text of they lyrics isnt really rapping, its just the frame work to get on your way to rapping....in here you said but rap can be accapella, with their own flow...thats when it has structure...text heads here think they are rapping when they write like a 4X4 for a one scheme n the next is a 3X5...not gon happen in a song, they look down on an audio persons text cuz the audio person has the brains to cut out middle words which would help paint the picture but take away from the flow....texting is NOT rapping....its just an element of rap, one tool needed to put together a rap.....but not rap....thats why myself and others look down on text heads....cuz first off you have a slim idea of what structure is and second you think your amazing when its lackluster at best if you cant say it right....texting is not rapping.....its lyric writing = poetry

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead