Thread: JET -v- OYD
View Single Post
Old 07-29-06, 04:55 PM   #40
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET
I am honestly extremely weak lyricly....
I've said that 50 gagillion times....
What sounds good is better than whats said in my opinion....so i focus on flow.

I am not a Hip-Hop kinda guy....never have been. thats why i think most suck.
Flow and Beat are more important than Content....I'm commercial.
I rather listen to chingy over nas any day....and that makes 99.9% of this underground hip-hop site cringe.

Do i want people to think Im good? yes! ofcourse! you guys? not really, because honestly you are not my crowd to begin with.

Now if you apeal to your majority of an audience your gonna get more votes and wins. There's no doubt there. And what I'm saying is.....For being completly opposite of what apeals to the majority of this site, I'm still 16-9. Now If I focused on what I didn't like....I'd be the best. But I refuse. And that is what I'm sayin.

you also have to factor in no-shows and dq's... let's be real... all of your wins didn't come from votes alone... and for any emcee to think content doesn't matter.... there is sumn completely wrong with that statement... you can be commercial and lyrical at the same time... peep Outkast, Luda, Jay-Z, Biggie... they've all had huge commercial success and they still maintain a balance between that and the underground and are consistant with lyrics... and uhhh... you do realize that you are contradicting yaself with the bolded statement, right?... ya might wanna reword that....

and ya still didn't reply to my battle challenge either... just keeping you on ya toes

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote