View Single Post
Old 07-30-06, 12:58 AM   #17
Ca'lam
The Light

IP:

dont be son. the computer is where its at now. ALOT of studios use computers for the recording and shit.

see for a home studio, all you need is the mic, monitors, booth mixer/interface. and acomputer. you can get some REALLY really nice quality, like real cd quality with the right mixing skills and mastering skills.

keep the computer in the mix yo. thats why they make mic chords so long.

my suggestion to you, since you have the cake. im being real here.

for the quality you look for. its gonna run you about 500-1,000. I could have REALLY good quality. I just lack a quiet place to record, i lack a good prrogram to mix with and i lack Good cables and cords and shit.

my suggestion is to fuck with a AKG (reasonable priced one for the quality is like 199) .. a Groove Tube.. a Rode (what i use).. and some other mics are quite decent..

right now, if your mixer has phantom power. your set. just Build you a booth out of wood, and put studio foam in it. cut a TINY hole for the cords to come out and you set. Cop a Good condensor. I recomend a Rode NT1-a or a AKG 2000 or 3000. i forget but they both go for 199 and they are GREAT for the price.

get at me man. i got the knoledge i just lack the cake haha

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup