View Single Post
Old 07-30-06, 01:15 AM   #19
Ca'lam
The Light

IP:

yea. the boof is just to spit in. like, for real, you could have some carpenter build you one for hella cheap. all it is is a Big wood box. some thing you can stand comfortable in and spit. i wanna say, the size of maybe a REALLY big fridge. theres directions all oer the internet for building one. you dont really need em, but if you wanted guidlines they good for that. and inside that box, you woul dhave foam coverin every where inside so its sound proof and there are no echos. its ghetto, but it works really good. my friend uses one out in cali. it might get hot in there tho, so dont be in there to long or you gon sweat haha.

and about that computer thing. it wont matter, in the booth you wont hear the cpu. thats the booths purpose. and you can have the cpu as far as you want. jsut buy long mic cables yo.

as far as the whole phantom ower thing and preamp shit goes.. See with the soundcard you have, yours dont have phantom power in it. which is bad, cause you have to buy more shit to compensate for that. if you want a good mic (condensor mic) you need a preamp that has phantom power in it (most of them do). so what you would do, is run the mic cable into the preamp that has phantom power, and run the preamp to you soundcard. its easier that it sounds tho. so in all all you need to cop is a preamp and a mic and you set for right now.

as far as what you will have to do to your quality. you'll still have to mix it and shit. everyone does, unless you have like a top of the line mic (which not to many home studios have). shit i do to my vocals are more for effect than quality. if i just recorded my shit and mixed down, my shit wouldnt sound near as crsip. it wouldnt sound bad by any means, but it wouldnt be like it is now.

and of course you'll need to learn how to EQ. <-- a very important part of makin ya shit sound listenable.

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup