Thread: Kids
View Single Post
Old 07-31-06, 11:03 PM   #10
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
^^ooohh now practical reasons are "stupid" lmao, sounds like a white flag to me. i thought your point of view for having kids was hinged on substance but apparantly it isn't lol.

a practical reason for living? to accomplish the things you can only do through living, namely to ignite your DNA, refresh your memory and awake the inner god to fulfill a purpose bigger than being a slave to materialism. practical enough for ya? *puts OMB in the cobra clutch*

Well other than that one reason which is barely even a reason that I mentioned before (continuing humans), there is nothing. That's the only reason. I understand you aren't arguing that people should stop having kids, because if everyone did then the human race would be kaput. With what you're referring to, there is no practical reason.

Is that really a practical reason for living?

OK, so we dont end up in completely different places, i'll grab a quick definition for practical:

1. Capable of being used or put into effect; useful.
2. Intended to serve a purpose without elaboration.

So a use for, or meaning of life. "to accomplish the things you can only do through living, namely to ignite your DNA, refresh your memory and awake the inner god to fulfill a purpose bigger than being a slave to materialism."

Mkay. Igniting DNA, useless. The next part is interesting though. Become enlightened and fulfill a bigger purpose than being a slave to materialism. You mean sort of live your life, go about your business, slowly and steadily become detached from material things and then maybe one day after you've finished preparing you'll become a buddha?

And what after that? What is your purpose after you awaken? You said to fulfill a bigger purpose, so before I can keep raving on I need to know what that purpose is. Please, tell me, what is the purpose of a buddha? (Don't say to enlighten others.)