View Single Post
Old 08-06-06, 08:31 PM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Why I'll always be blessed...Pt. 2

IP:

In the first thread I made regarding the topic of sowing and reaping, I mentioned that God commands believers to tithe their income and give offerings to their church. The principle of sowing and reaping is universal and can be applied by non-believers as well. In the book of Luke, Jesus says this about giving:

Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

^^Depending on one's faith, this scripture can be employed to not only spread blessings, but to ensure that you receive blessings as well. I experienced this first hand today when I went to the golf course and received a pleasant surprise. As I went to pay for my round, the cashier refused to take my money and said, "Enjoy your round; this one is on me." WOW...I couldn't believe it. I recently began tithing 15% (5 more than required) of my gross income. What happened at the golf course is an example of how God will move other people to bless you when you least expect it. Nothing like that has ever happened to me.

It's a simple principle. GIVE if you want to RECEIVE.

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote