View Single Post
Old 08-06-06, 09:11 PM   #3
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I believe in the law of sowing and reaping...

I have no negative views on giving money away, because helping people definitely brings happiness.

But what is the church doing with your money?

And what are you giving your money away for?

One thing I do not agree with is giving your money away to receive blessings. If you are doing a selfless act, then do it selflessly, not for a selfish reason. Boasting about it or expecting something in return demeans it.

The church is an institution that does alot with the money it receives. Practically, the building needs to be upkept...You can't pay rent and utilities with good looks. Also, they pay a full time staff that offers bible classes (for free) and has an elementary school. In all, there are over 100 different ministries provided at my church. These need FUNDS to operate.

Boasting? Yes, I am boasting in God. I'm boasting because it's fun seeing God live up to what he says. Giving is fun. Receiving is fun. What's even more fun is knowing that God means what he says because I'm seeing it first hand. Doors are opening to me that just weren't open before. That's my faith. If a person knows to tithe but doesn't, that's the equivalent of robbing God.

I'm bragging on God. Don't get it twisted.
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote