View Single Post
Old 08-07-06, 11:29 AM   #92
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

League Tournament Idea

Right, I've seen your debate over whether to have a seasonal league or a weekly league. Arguments are that a seasonal league would give people something to aim towards, and a weekly league helps to build the site and gives those who like to battle in Frontlines but can't because it sucks, a chance to battle weekly. It also gives people the chance to battle weekly without damaging their precious net records.

My suggestion is a blend of the two.

You run a weekly league, you would need a spot to keep track of EVERY SINGLE PERSON who ever battles in the league. Regardless of whether they sign out or not, you keep a track of them and their record.

After an allocated number of weeks, I suggest around the regions of 15 weeks/3 months. That would be a minimum, you could extend it to like 6 months depending really.

Anyway, after the allocated number of weeks you host a tournament. This would be put in the Tournaments section of the board, and lets be realistic... you should be able to get a spot at anytime. If need be you could work out some sort of arrangement with strobe so that you are always allowed a spot for your LBL Tournament.

Basically, whilst the tournament is running..... the league would continue to run also. More moderators would be required of course. For the tournament, there are no sign ups.... you look at your TOTAL RANKINGS that would include dudes that are signed out to. You take the Top 32... you should have that many at least. And those 32 go into the tournament. Now, you would have to send pm's to them all and let them know they have a week or 2 weeks to respond. If they don't they will be replaced by the next person down in the rankings. If you run out of people to recruit then you would have to shorten the entry number for the tournament.

That tournament would be your playoffs... call it some shit like...

LBL Playoffs - The Best of the Best

or something along those lines.

Also, seeing as the league would run at the same time, you would also ask the tournament battlers if they would like to still participate in the league at the same time as the tournament. If they agree, they would be responsible for showing in both.

Then once the tournament finishes.... you start up a new season in your already established and running league.

What do you think?

Anything you need to ask, or don't get... just send me a pm. Dude.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote