View Single Post
Old 08-10-06, 05:43 PM   #19
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

IP:

okay first of all yall are all misinformed, becasue Jay has a magazine artical out describing the whole creative process of his best an only classic album "reasonable doubt" where he admits to punchin in his verses...he would come in the studio record 4 bars then leave an comeback to it two or three days later...so that would make it the 36 hour rule.

It really depends on the depth of what your writing, for me personally I can write club/brag tracks all the way thru in 20 to 30 minutes, 3 verses, hook an all. But something of substance i.e. a story, or a social issue, introspective shit...may take a week or even a month, nobody's writing any thought provoking shit in 20 mins. When this lyrical God comes into existence let me know.

Jay was only truly lyrical on reasonable doubt...hard knock volumes...he had his spots...by the time we get to the blueprint era its all gone...nothing after the hard knock volumes was even remotely lyrical. They were highly entertaining, very catchy an commercial successes but not lyrical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T ha Q
For real

Jay could beat 1/2 of these emcees with his flow alone.

^^^Huh? who's talking about flow? what does flow have to do with lyrics?
So, when you consumed with his...don't get mad when everyone else is
Send a message via AIM to Triple_N   Reply With Quote