Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Hades
Who fucking cares...no, honestly.

"I think, therefore I am." - Descartes

Yes, they exist.

You fail to take into account that even though everything consists of atoms and the subdivisions within atoms and the subdivisions within the subdivisions until perhaps you reach a pinprick of nothingness, that these atoms interact in intricate forms that create separate objects. Atoms make up the world, like skinflakes make up our epidermis. Yeah, your brain is chemical reactions and synapses, but touch your leg. Are the atoms in your hand passing through the atoms in your leg? No, it's a solid object despite its components because those components meld together into a form creating the object. Two hydrogen, one oxygen, makes water, but water is still water despite its components.

Need further elaboration?

We exist. That's it. If I close my eyes, the visual world ceases to exist, and the synapses in my brain don't register any light passing through, except the blackness that reflects or is devoid of any light; does that mean the world ceases to exist? Does that mean unless I touch the object, all it is is a memory, and that memory becomes a memory because each passing moment creates a new memory and the memory of what I just typed may be fabricated in my own mind?

I think it's more of the fact we want ourselves to be more important than we truly are.

What are you arguing?

Yeah, atoms make things, we exist, we think we're more important than we should.

... Do thoughts/concepts exist?