View Single Post
Old 08-25-06, 05:29 PM   #124
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
this is the part where you start making flawed comparisons and ridiculous assertions to try to swing the argument back into your favor...

2pac was a poet...but he was a rapper-poet...he didnt write poems he wrote rap songs....deep profound rap songs...but also simple and easily understandable rap songs...he rapped for everyday people that struggled and could relate to him...plus he was good at rapping...all aspects of it...good voice good flow good delivery good emotion good rhymes...

canibus writes for...i dunno...he writes ridiculously complicated and hard to understand shit that even his fans admit you have to look up to completely get...he writes poems (not rap songs...POEMS) and then says them angrily over a beat...he is not good at rapping at all...basically the only thing that he has going for him is that he can write shit most people dont understand and in America if we dont understand someone we assume theyre smarter than us...

ok... look at the two bolded areas and then tell me what's wrong with that statement... either he was a poet or he wasn't... ask any real pac fan... they'll tell you he was a poet... did you even read the rose that grew from concrete?.. most of that shyt is poetry... if you went to a real slam you would understand that the same shyt pac wrote about is the same shyt they do at slams all across the united states... the only difference between what you say pac does and what canibus does is the inflection of the voice... "canibus sounds angry".. ok... he's a battle rapper... that's his comfort zone... he also had toned down tracks that you're forgetting about... he's talked about his birth, getting at a chick on some smooth shyt, and even got a joint called "Here for Free" (chick from 106 and Park)...

Read any book or watch any documentary written about Pac and they all say the same thing... he was a poet... you can't argue with facts... they even have his "POEMS" written throughout various books... so you saying that i'm swaying things to fit what i'm saying is kinda ridiculous... the proof is out there

i'm comparing apples to apples here... Pac was a smart dude... he was into the whole numbers thing... that whole Makaveli album is a prime example of that.... look how many kats learned about Makaveli because of that album... Canibus does the same shyt on that intellectual level and dudes like you start hating on him...

let's be real here... if he did some of them candy ass club songs for a whole album you'd probably be his biggest fan... but the minute someone tries to show you something more than that... and that you can actually learn something... people start getting all crazy like educational shyt is the devil and coming to destroy us all...

KNOWLEDGE is not a disease... I only WISH it was contagious!

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote