View Single Post
Old 08-26-06, 07:37 PM   #43
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Did you read what I said? 100% of my argument was based on the fact he was black, which turned out to be false. So he did get me into lecture mode for nothing.

I don't condone racial slurs (or most other insults for that matter) at all, whether it be white to white, black to black, white to asian, black to white, white to black, middle eastern to mexican... Look what he said... He basically insulted himself. If I had the time i'd go into detail about how he still shouldnt say shit like that etc, but I didn't want to.

I had absolutely no idea it was a joke, so I treated it seriously. It's not the first time people have said shit like that and meant it, so why would I think it was a joke? If I knew it was a joke I'd probably ignore it... Same deal if a black person was insulting blacks as a joke, or whites as a joke.

I know the point you were getting across. And as for the racal slurr comparasin, black people saying nigger just represented a race being disrespectful to itself for any reason. Because not all black people mean it as disrespect when they say it. When any situation like that arises, people of another race might take that and use it as an excuse to do it themselves. As in this situation, when you thought that fux was black, (which was a main focus in what you said) it was something you had to lecture him for. But when you found out he was white than it was just like oh okay. I know what you were saying, I was just saying.