View Single Post
Old 08-27-06, 06:14 AM   #12
Appocolyptik
Beginning Your Ending

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
ha yeah...

the thing is..and i'm a part fitness major..that people don't understand about foot and ankle injuries..

spraigning or twisting you're ankle is worse than breaking it...because it takes about the same ammount of time to completely heal....however...when you break it..and it's healed..the bone that's grown back..is stronger than it was before...where as....the tendons and musclefibers and ligaments..are stretched out..so physical therapy is necessary after a spraign, to tighten everything back up...and build supporting muscle....our ligaments are like a mixture of rubber band...and laffy taffy..you can stretch em out...and there slow to go back to normal..but once you stretch them out..it gets easier and easier to stretch out..unless you take care of it properly

Next time I take a bad tackle to the ankle I'll be sure to break it instead of twisting it to reap the rewards of regrown stronger bones.
Send a message via AIM to Appocolyptik Send a message via MSN to Appocolyptik   Reply With Quote