View Single Post
Old 09-25-06, 03:55 AM   #10
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
This is for Nos concern about praying to false idols.

The reason it is not praying to false idols is because in christianity we believe that the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are one. That is called The Trinity. To support this, I go to the Bible where it says that

1) John 10:30 - "I and my Father are 1." That is Jesus speaking
2) John 12:45 - "And he that seeth me seeth Him that sent me." Also Jesus speaking.

So if you hear someone pray to Jesus, they are not praying to another idol because the scripture says that He and His Father are 1.

Hope that kinda cleared it up for you.

I see those same quotes, and take it compleatly differently.

I and my father are one.......... -- It is quite obvious to me that this is the same for all things in the world of your belief. Your god is everything and everywhere, omniscient and controlling of all existance. We are all one with god, be it whether we are at peace with him or not is a different matter. I have serious doubts as to whether Jesus would class himself in a 'devine trinity' raising his status to the same level as the devine conceptual creator of the universe and all things in it. I believe strongly that this is a mere mistake in translation to a lesser mind attempting to gain a grasp of what Jesus was expressing with those words. He doesent mean he is god, he means he is a small but instrumental portion of the larger being of god.

And I am one with god myself, so are you! I believe any concept of a 'devine trinity' including the human prophet of a religion is blasphemous and I suspect Jesus himself would tell you the same.

If you pray to Jesus your replacing god with the title given to a man named Yeshua Bin Yosef 2000 years ago. Obviously this must be contradictory to a lot of your more fundemental beliefs on god, beyond the teachings of Jesus the human prophet.

But yeah... I've also yet to hear any proof that jesus actually 'died for our sins' also.............lol

Died for our sins..

Wtf does that even mean?