View Single Post
Old 09-29-06, 05:33 PM   #21
Crazy Hades
Just searching.

IP:

Close your eyes and focus on the color yellow...just imagine a block of that color. See how long you can maintain that image. For some, a second or two; others claim to be able to do it for long periods of time. The brain is able to mentally reproduce color, which is: light reflecting off objects + cones in the eyes = chemical reaction = brain registers and interprets. By closing your eyes, you cancel out both light and the cones present in your eyes to receive the certain registered color.

A good example of this would be dreaming in color --- something not all people do, as a substansial porportion of the human race dreams in black and white (which I personally do not do). So we're able to reproduce these colors --- even black and white are colors, having their own reasons for being separate.

So we're able to create images of the real world, even from fantasy. The brain itself is immeasurably complex, and it seems if there is a possibility of the body even being resurrected the brain may theoretically be able to function and produce near-death experiences. Everything in the universe moves unless it's energy or has reached absolute zero.

The brain commonly shows us what we want to believe...and it knows, subconsciously, that you just got hit by a car or a sledgehammer crashed into your chest and stopped your heartbeat. You don't know this, when you're clinically dead, but if your brain is able to survive this particular time, with its immense complexity, it's probably going to tailor to your specific religious belief or whatever. Light at the end of the tunnel, speaking with your grandmother, anything you associate with death can subconsciously rise. Just like you don't control your dream consciously --- at least in the beginning.

I'd like to see if any Hindus or any other religion has also seen the light at the end of the tunnel (especially if they've never even been within earshot of the term before).

Long story short, I'm going to be cremated incase my brain continues to function though the energy of thought still being in existence. It'll probably suck, the afterlife, because there is that rather grim possibility of the energy in your body continuing to exist. I'm going to get cremated and sprinkled along the Earth, so at least if this is the case I don't 'stare' at the lid of my coffin for an eternity.