View Single Post
Old 11-07-06, 03:38 PM   #32
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP:

Hey Mr Record Executive. I’m an anomaly. A strange type of hip-hop fan in that I’m everything the culture wasn’t when it started. White, young, reasonably well off and not exposed to many of the elements. Yet for whatever reason I love hip-hop. The whole enjoying it aspect started quite commonly, at least from where I live. Eminem was becoming big, the amount of exposure he was getting from the media was massive and as 11 year olds it rubbed off on myself and the people I hung with. A few of my friends got it before me, so obviously I listened to it and loved it. Christmas came, I got Eminem – The Marshall Mathers LP. Months passed. I got Dre, Snoop, 2Pac, more Eminem, D12 and so on. Then came the internet. More albums came from that. At that point it was all commercial type of stuff. Then a friend mentioned to me about underground, and how it was so much better. I practically shunned his suggestions at the time. However, then came the writing at 15.

I was just sat there on the Internet, chatting to random friends from forums. When some dude sent me a verse. He didn’t even write raps, his graphics forum was just having a random rap competition. So he’d wrote this verse and he sent me it to critique. I was like fuck this, I can do way better. I wrote the verse, it was way better. My friends told me so and he told me so. Obviously at that point I thought I was nice, yet when I tried writing another verse I came up short on the creativity side. I could barely rhyme. I had to resort to Rhymezone for most of them. And the subject was strange. I wrote about a McDonalds drive-thru. Yet because my rhyming was so forced, it went off in random directions, like how I’d fended off an offender in my house due to my past practise of kung fu. Around this time Underground rap started to delve it’s way into my collection, and that’s when I realised that what isn’t seen, is often what should be seen. Anywho, while searching Google for rap, or something similar, I came across B-Boys.com. I signed up to the forum, posted my McDonalds rap, got one reply which was negative, and become sort of disheartened. But I carried on writing and carried on text battling until it came to around November.

By November I was interested in audio. The first ever dude I battled had started doing audio and we talked all the time. He told me to just buy a mic and a mixer and get started. But being from the background I am from, that’d come across as kinda strange to people. So I waited around, and waited around, and waited around. Until it came to February. I was scouring Ebay and I saw a nice deal on a mic. I asked and bought it. I saw a mixer, I bought it. I saw a pop filter, I bought it. I saw a stand, I bought it. I saw headphones, I bought them. Then with my setup complete I started audio. Nine months on and I’ve elevated quite a lot. I’m starting to work out a style and things are coming together. My faux American accent has gone, and been replaced by a natural UK accent. My goals? Record and release an album on the internet. Yep, just on the internet. I set short term goals, so that they can be achieved easier. Once that goal is over, release an album on to the streets. Once that’s done, who knows. And at the risk of sounding cocky, I believe I’m special. Now I have to show the world, and everyone in it.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote