View Single Post
Old 11-08-06, 02:48 PM   #41
J Summers

IP:

What is hip-hop? Hip-Hop is not music. Hip-Hop is a culture, a way of life, an open door for those who are willing to enter. I took my first step through tha door, and I knew then this is what I want to do the rest of my life. 13 years of age and I got three five-star notebooks jampacked with raps, hooks, poems, thoughts on life and any other influence to come to my adolesent mind. This was the time to turn this calamity of paper and pen into music. 6 short years later I am here, and the position I am in now could not make me any more pleased.
I have devoloped a group called Kings Of The North a combo of smoothe southern vibes and crunk-like melodies. Our style is by no means the most lyrical work bieng put out today, but people young and old continue to buy our c.d.'s, wear our clothes, and bump our music. I don't think of myself as a rapper. J.Summers is a Business Man who raps well. I am extremely versatile when put into effect I can create lyrics that make ya think, or get on my crunk vibe and make ya drink.
Recently the K.O.T.N. took there performance to the club for the Self Inflicted Hip-Hop battle. Push come to shove the "Kings" rose to the top over 22 other groups and artists for the opening slot at a Mike Jones concert. Mike Jones was M.I.A. so geuss who got his slot? Thats right the K.O.T.N. performed for a sold out crowd and how do you say?...got the club CRUNK. After our outstanding performance we were invited back to open for another sold-out show, The Ying Yang Twins. Accompinied by O.Y.D.'s finest, Tito Bronsky and Enygma the K.O.T.N. once again took the stage for an amazing show.

Do I have what it takes to be a rapsuperstar. That is a question you will have to answer. Making it in this industry is more than just Beef and Beats. The emcee is the product and you have to sell yourself to customer, and that my friend is one thing I know how to do.

Thank You
J. Summers