View Single Post
Old 11-17-06, 01:53 AM   #34
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
oh u can be my ghost writer (write me a song about rap and how it has changed)

i'll write you a song about what ever you want chief. i'll make your every day life sound like a live action movie if you wanted. and it all revolves around money. i get paid to commit to a song, and i get paid upon completion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gunner
You know, ghostwriters are probably making the money now.

I mean, they don't have to deal with fame, they don't mess with royalties, they get paid and it's over.

And no one will expose them, cuz then the rapper exposes himself as a fraud.

yeah you're right, they get all the benefits without the downsides of the spotlight, not to mention ghosts make more than artists. but you're wrong about the roalties, ghost writers get royalties every time the song's played, except in cases like fat joes where he buys the copywrite outright. but any time you see a co-writer listed in the song credits that person (who's the actual writer) gets a check every time that song plays anywhere, on the radio, in a commercial, on an e-radio, anything.

and oh yeh, rappers don't expose ghostwriters, ghost writers expose rappers. but ghosts get blacklisted for shit like that, that's the first rule of ghostwriting b. never expose who you wrote for.

unless they dicked you outta money

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote