View Single Post
Old 11-22-06, 03:31 PM   #50
jay
Flyweight

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflecz
I've watched the footage of Michael Richards' tirade dozens of times now. I'm fascinated and intrigued by it, so much so, I've decided to break down the sequence of events.

#1...The "fans" heckle Richards for being boring.

.....At this point, the footage rolls and Richards calls them motherfucker, etc...

#2...You can clearly hear some members of the audience laughing. Now some of my co-workers and I argued over why they were laughing. I suggested that some were laughing because it was nervous laughter. I also conjectured that some of those laughing were laughing at the fact that he was losing his cool. Most, however, seem to think that they were laughing because they share his racist views. I don't know if I agree with that.

#3...At this point of the tape, Richards is the one controlling his own fate. He is simply having a meltdown because the heckler is not heard on the tape responding to his earlier comment. Richards goes on to call the man a nigger multiple times.

#4...The laughing in the audience stops. At this point, you can hear a collective sigh of "OH MY GOD" across the audience. They are in disbelief of what's transpiring before their very eyes.

....Richards hurls a barrage of insults at the hecklers and even references the dark period of the Civil Right's Movement. "50 years ago, we would have had your ass upside down."

#5...At this point, you can clearly see on the tape a few people getting up and leaving. Richards is clearly shaken by this because he says, "Oh, so now you're leaving." And, in one of the most DISTURBING comments made, he says, "They're going to lock me up for calling a black man a nigger."

NOTE: In my opinion, even though Richard had used the N-word by this point, he could have redeemed himself. But, what does he do? He makes the most devasting statement of the entire tirade when he says, "That's what you get for interrupting a WHITE MAN." <----- That one statement alone sums up his entire view of black people. And, it's a sad reminder of the attitude many racist whites have towards blacks in this country, and around the world.

#6...At this point, the hecklers summon up a little courage and begin to attack back at Richards. You can hear one saying, "That's fucking un-called for."

#7...Richards still doesn't stop. Instead, he inflames the situation by saying, "You shouldn't have interrupted me."

#8...The heckler loses his temper and says, "You fucking cracker."

...Richards is shook at this point because he says, "Oh, are you threatening me?"

At this point, MULTIPLE PEOPLE stand up and walk out the theater.

#9...You can see Richards walk off the right side of the stage. Then, the owner comes out and says, "I apologize..."

UN-BEE-FUGGIN-LIEVABLE.

number 1 its oviously nervous laughter from the people in the crowd

n on the white man part the way i saw it was well alot of blacks say shit like the white man is holdin me donw the white man does this the white man does that etc. i think he was referrin to that cause he said it in quite a sarcastic way like thats wat happens wen u interrupt the white man

his actions where uncalled for tho there was no need for the racist commetns but people gotta stop makin the black dudes seem all innocent they where jus as bad, the comedian n the guys in the crowd both lost ther etemper n made racist remarks there bothas bad as each other