View Single Post
Old 12-08-06, 10:23 PM   #27
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maleficent
Taoism, Buddhism and Shintoism are religions fuckwit. Why dont you read instead of being ignorant?

Wikipedia:
Taoism

a family of organized Chinese religious movements such as the Zhengyi ("Orthodoxy") or Quanzhen ("complete reality") sects, which collectively trace back to Zhang Daoling in the late Han Dynasty;

A Chinese Folk Religion

Shintoism

Shinto(神&#36947 is the native religion of Japan and was once its state religion.

Buddhism

Buddhism Buddhism (also known as Buddha Dharma, Pali: Buddha Dhamma, "the teachings of the awakened one") is a dharmic, non-theistic religion

Nothing you said needed a rebuttal, you knew you were wrong so you attempted to go against a couple wordings and some comparisons.

well, the good news is, now i see why you're misguided. the bad news is, you ask the wrong questions.

Instead of asking, "are these religions" (even though one of your refferences does not support your claim what so ever), you should have asked "what is religion".

literally anything you do can be classified as "religious", right down to you tipping a glass of water to your lips. can you find a definition that's not overly vague?

i did. from the same place you got all your crap from, but i guess you conveniently overlooked this:

"religion is defined as "any specific system of belief about deity, often involving rituals, a code of ethics, a philosophy of life, and a worldview."

hmm that's strange. buddhism and taoism... have NO rituals. Nor does it have guides or laws or codes of ethics. There's no "you must do this" or "you must do that". free will??? that's not part of a religion. hell, theres not even a self imposed concept of superioirity, now what kind of religion would that be??? no reason to go to war with somebody???

nope.

why?

cuz that's not a religion, fool.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote