View Single Post
Old 12-22-06, 11:48 PM   #15
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP:

Tef really opened my eyes to relize things that i restlessly doubted
He showed me theres more to losing - theres crying n questionin about it
I really liked this concept. It was simple, but effective. Only thing I would change is I would change questionin' to bitching or something else that sounds more harsh. Crying is good, makes him sound like a pussy. Questionin' doesn't do much for me..its just about adding that mean streak to ur verse
But dont worry, your gettin` better dood, your earnin` your place
as the guy in the league that gets whored by every decent textcee u face
This wasn't effective because its too generic and bland. If this was against someone who continually lost over and over to good people it'd hit harder, but TEF doesn't have that rep yet so this is kinda bland. If u want it to hit harder, add wit to it. Maybe a punchline like "you've found ur niche...with all the other wack fucks who lose to everyone decent". Not the best example, but its just the idea u need wit to this where you make it sound like ur going to say one thing, then switch it up and say something else that disses him
N` ur verse is a waste, all the stuff you drop is gettin more and more played
So fuck the dumbshit - and no tef, that doesnt mean you`re getting laid
Okay, this punchline wasn't too bad, but the concept of its kinda played. What i want to focus on here is your setup. All you had to say was:

Ur verse's a waste, ur gettin' worse n' more played

It says the same thing, but flows MUCH better. In other words, when you write setups, and this applies to punchlines too, u generally don't want to waste words, say what u want to say with as few syllables as possible. Ur setup had a lotta unnecessary words which slowed the process of getting to the punch and weakened its effect

I`m a good cook, step back virgin or i`ll be forced to bake ya, fag
But in order to make T ef - u need 3 kegs of beer, some vodka n` a paper bag
Concept here is good. But bake ya fag? That doesn't really make sense, lol. Anyway, only thing u could do to improve this is build that element of suspense in here which builds up to the punchline. U didn't really do that. I woulda made the punchline:

But there's hope to make T ef...
... just get a fifth, 3 kegs of beer...n` a paper bag

Very small difference, but just builds up the punch more

Hope that helps.