View Single Post
Old 01-13-07, 03:30 PM   #7
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compose
you cant delete it completely without a disc if thats the drive you have windows on, cuz you're using windows to delete windows, doesnt make much sense lol, you'd have to have the disk and then delete it before windows opens up when you first turn on your computer or w/e that whole setup

nah man you use DOS to delete windows, just liek you use DOS to install windows. DOS is its own OS that runs windows and Windows is just a visual representation of what DOS is doing and "thinking". thank god Windows is the only computer OS that does that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
The old school way to do it back with win98 from dos was typing - format c:

No idea if that will work with win2k or winxp though. I thought I had gotten some type of message saying that the disk can't be formatted because it was active or something. You might be able to do it by creating a book disk if that happens. You can also reformat using the install cd when doing the installation. Since you are reformatting it, I'm guessing you have a cd to reinstall windows or some other os?

yeah see that's the thing i have no CD. I'm not trying to reinstall anything, just wipe it clean and be done with it.

i'm thinking if i press and hold f1 (or was it f5?) it'll bring up the screen for prompts and just take it from there.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote