View Single Post
Old 01-17-07, 11:20 AM   #17
O//^\\EGA
Flyweight

IP:

^^word.....that sums it uo...true story.....

but i gotta admit, if its alive......then it damn sure is sick, cuz u got the essence of emcee on the block been then as soon as u make money, ur no longer an emcee pretty much, ur labeled as an artist and thats sad

alot of cats like Nas and Kweli and Common rap for the sake of hip hop and CAN accept that they aint big, but at the end of the day, just like that hustla on the block...... them niggas gotta eat and it is about paper in the end and i bet if u ask em they wont tell u different, the difference is, that they really do it for the love and their content is based on the essence of what hip hop used to be but at a more evolutional level

i mean we just gotta remember how it used to be, the block was always a bad place......and it still is, the emcees before were spittin about it.....and look a new millenium and things have changed.......minds have slightly evolved.........its the same material......just a lil more clever and more detailed.......the bad part of it all is when money is the focus instead of thinkin of the hoods where hip hop originated..... and when record labels control artists creativity and what they can put out based on sales

i respect Jeezy cuz he theoretically is hip hop........hes talkin bout the Trap.....and exploitin how it is in his hood......and hes makin music that they can relate to.......but at the same time, that niggas in it for the money......i mean flossin and shyt, thats not hood at all....if the hood is as bad as he says and niggas rob as much as they do theres no way possible ud roll down the block in a Lexus on 24s with 6 chains and 8 rings on yaself and expect not to get robbed reguardless of ur respect points, cuz ERRRRRYYBODY is hungry and tryin to get it, and if they gotta rob u to eat, shyt theyll do it, even ya customers......

so tell me when was it ok to rap about the ice and rims that everybody in the hood dont and cant have? thats hip hop huh??.....i can except killin a nigga is hip hop more than that cuz if hip hop is hood life and life itself....then well .....in life u die last time i checked

*folds arms*