View Single Post
Old 01-19-07, 02:37 PM   #35
DaTrusHurtz
I Hurt.

IP:

To Wordz Ahgod: Sorry it took awhile for me to respond to this, but I gave you a lot of feedback so please read my comments carefully.

MaRVjay, your on the list dawg, coz strobe had em all wrong
Coz this fags requesting to pinkslip---->into pumps and a small thong
The trouble with this is the wordplay doesn't exactly work 2 ways and wordplay always should. How can a fag actually pinkslip into something? Maybe u coulda done it like this:

Faggot was talkin' mad shit, but the truth hurts when he's wrong
I wanted to pinkslip... he wanted to slip into a pink skirt n' a thong

Basically, when u have wordplay that doesn't work, try other ways to use it. I've used a similar form for wordplay like this. For example, a punchline like "I've got it made by the minute, u'll just make minute maid for a livin" The idea is, use the word in a short sentence, then use the same word in another short sentence which disses him like this.

Ur old news like yesterdays paper even the cypher digress
Coz This kid bites enough lines to write a weekly Digest
This was weak, it just didn't have any real wit to it, kinda too bland. What pisses me off is u actually had a cool concept here and you didn't use it:

This kids a fat fuck, eats a lot, i'm straight killin' this fag
On the real, ur weekly digest would have NO trouble fillin' that mag

I dunno, I think its not bad if u make this a fat joke out of the weekly digest idea which i hadn't seen before. Sometimes read what u write and you'll be surprised to find words which have wordplay available to you.

So you better Take me out your sig fam, I dont mess with bitches
But I will drop Marv a link...then drag him by his legs with it
Concept is fine, but again, flipped too basically. Be more creative in how you use the concepts. Lots of ways you could use the Link concept, first that comes to mind to me is Zelda:

U lost for not votin', but stop bitchin' n' dude
To tried to drop a Link, but even Zelda could beat the shit outta u

I dunno if thats the best way to flip it, but the point is, u took the easy way out and ur punch was just a threat n' no punch. This is more of a diss

So forget it nigga Im done with this wak fuck
And not to be racist, but blacksilence...N' I really wanna keep it as such
this concept is very good, but the way ya ended it really weakened in it. Like who cares if YOU want to keep it as such. Its much more of a diss if u just say the league or someone else. Simply u coulda fixed it a bit by saying this:

When u make an appearence, ur always flauntin' it dude
Blacksilence! Ain't racist, its what the whole league wants u do

Just hits a bit more directly and doesn't weaken the punch at the end

Im kneeing your nutts, so cry You fuckin' ashy bastard
'Coz lotion keeps em 3yrs younger--->then the boys he's usually chasing after
With this punch, i want to just point out a stylistic issue. This punch looks stretched from appearence, even tho it isn't:

Im kneeing ur nutts, ashy faggot, cry like a racist bastard
'Coz lotion keeps em 3yrs younger....then the boys he chases after

This is almost the same line, but just reads a bit better.. make ur shit look nice and not sloppy and voters might look at it differently

And Stick and stones may hurt, yeah but wordz'll blow his ribs
Coz I browse the net, while he's too black for you to notice his
I don't really understand what u meant by "browse the net".. I woulda made it start like "I tried to punch them.. but he was too fuckin' black to notice his".. but then again, I wouldn't use this punch at all, its not a punch. All your saying is he's really black.. so what? Maybe in a pic battle this is fine, but in a generic battle, its really bland and comes off as kinda false. Basically read the punchline to urself and ask "is this really a punch"? I wouldn't answer yes to this punchline
And Native, he's wak but atleast he admits that he knows
COz feeding is like girls he admires, none'll ever eat @ joes
I assume Joes is a restaurant? Easy to assume that from the punch, but I haven't heard of it. Avoid punches about local concepts that other people might not be familiar with. Anyway, this punch didn't make much sense the way u worded it. Try this:

U can't win without help, my plan's to help this fuck die
Cuz u fuckin' feed so much, Joe's restaurant ran out of supplies

It takes the feeding concept and relates it to the restaurant idea much better.

Make em bleed out the nose, uppercut em through heavens free sanction
Then drop em back to hell, low enough to see his own league ranking
This was okay, just think of more creative ways to refer to being low, urs was a bit ehh.. maybe this:

U always get KOd, in ur past matches I've seen spankings
Lil' Jon's Get Low was fuckin' inspired by ur league ranking

Again, just be more creative.

So starv yourself, do something productive for the league son
'COz if you join you'll just be Stanzas crutch, coz he's about to need one
i think i've seen crutch wordplay before so this can only be so good. I woulda done it more like this:

Join the league, I can see u competin' for real there
U'd be Stanza's crutch, but he needs that, a cast, AND a wheelchair

After writing that I don't like it much, but the idea is expand the idea to things related to crutches

Yeah nigga, Im destroying your rep, Stanz is not imperative
This fag could win 3 battles and STILL be in the negatives
This punch was okay, it was a personal that did I believe hit. However, I want u to make this personal goal. Don't use personals without wit. Yes, sometimes you can state a personal without any wit and it will hit cuz its true. But trust me, it will hit MUCH harder if u combine wit into it. Sometimes, all u gotta do is add a cliche which is relevant to ur personal, and then say the personal. I don't have an example for u for this specific example, but i'll show u what i mean:

Ya just made a new name, n' bitch you'll never amount
Criminals pick on the weakest link...
... and TayTay stole your account

If I just said in the punchline "Stupid faggot, TayTay stole ur account" it would have hit, but I used a relevant cliche that related to the personal, tied it together, and there ya go. Wordplay/Cliches + Personals = Hard Hitter

Nobody reads your raps, But shit...I dont have to tell duke
Just peep this weeks mag and see if they even mention you
Exactly what I said in the previous applies here.. this is a personal so it hits, but not as hard as it could. How about this:

I checked the mag that Trus posted n' sent son
It gave props to everyone decent...
... so its no surprise u weren't mentioned

This is kinda similar to a punch I used this week on GREVISS, but yea, combines wit to the personal

So check it...vs Heratoga, thats a question of me being nautious
You got 3 of the top 5, so you'll be seeing atleast 3 losses

You were so close here. This is all u had to do to make this punch much better:

I checked the mag, u have no fuckin' right to yap geek
But props on gettin' 3 of the top 5...
... wackest punches of last week

Sets up the wackest punch thing much better

Theres gonna be a lot of slow singing and flowers in baskets
'Coz last time he bitch moved...it was me facing em down in a casket
this is one of those concepts that i hate. Newbs often think its dope cuz they've never seen it and it often gets props, but vets know its been done many times before. When u use concepts, use the search button on this site and even potentially other sites to see if its been done before, and if it has, how has it been done. Its just a good way to check if ur shits played
So battle Appoc and get slaughtered, murdered and slayed
But I'll admit, thats like your bitches legs--->I see it going either way
Concept here is fine, but the setup is weird cuz like u say he's gonna get murdered, but then in the punch u aren't sure. It seems like theres a disjoint. Make sure ur setups and punches relate.. just do this:

Battle Appoc, u'll get murdered, but maybe he'll get slayed
The match is like ur bitch's legs... I can see it going either way

The only problem is that to diss him (his girl) this also kinda compliments him. U want to avoid complimenting someone to diss them if possible, but this is better anyway than it was before

And Lamp you wont escape wrath, I'll scarface till Manolo hurts
Coz I sent em back so far last week, He STLL calling Solo, 'kirk'
I guess this is a reference to Scarface. I haven't seen it cuz I don't really watch TV so I can't help u with this one
'Coz I'll exept all your challenges, fagget...we can battle repeatedly
Coz I could cut off all my finguers...
...And still count how many times you defeated me
This is decent, it combines wit + personal like i was talkin' about before. Do more of this, but try this:

I'll except all ur challenges, faggot we can battle repeatedly
I could cut off all my fingers...
...And STILL fuckin' count how many times you defeated me

I know, its the same thing, just cap'd the still, added a fuckin' n' changed a few other minor things to make it sound more smooth. My point is, u need to sound more angry. Add swear words, caps, and other things to do this.

I'll beat you easily...its not a challenge, to even call it such...
should be against the league rules coz you fucking suck
This looked like u were runnin' outta things to say it was so bland and wack.. lemme tell u this, if u set the line limit high n' u haven't dropped yet, rather than meeting that limit, just drop 2 less lines if u really have nothing else.
And to Shit on the next nigga, son... its a raw fact....
Niggas just be asking, "why t'fuck you tryinna rap For...Mat?!!!"
This was dope, by far the best bar of this verse. U set it up very nicely and the punch was extremely well excuted, good shit
Your gonna get served and plowed, I can already smell em fry
Coz I know you like chicken, but that Hen'll eat em alive
Rule of thumb man, if someone is a vet, DO NOT use nameplays on them. If u think u got something so fresh theres no way anyone coulda thought of it, go for it, but in general, ur just kickin' urself writin' nameplays against people like Hens cuz he's been around for so long he's surely seen it all
So its 21 gun salute...after burying the ranks in fatigues
Coz Glocks aint been poppin since...His d/r KempMRK left the league
without quotes or this being well known, this comes off as kinda fake. It seems like Kempo was a random person to put in as D/R. If ur gonna use personals, make sure they are true and everyone believes they are true

I hope all this helps. This obviously took me a little bit. If you can see, there's a theme with a lot of my comments that I felt many of your concepts were above average, but u ruined most of them by being too simple with them and not being creative enough. Being creative takes time, but if u think of better ways to relate ur concepts to similar/related things, u can improve.