View Single Post
Old 01-25-07, 06:37 PM   #16
M&rk
10:23 till i'm 86

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
I got into a huge argument with work about this, and Apexx if you read this I'd really like your opinion.

Someone I work with told me that by staying with the job I currently am in, and by going to school solely to learn instead of going so that I can get a better job, it wasn't going to work. I explained to her that with the lifestyle I aim to live (single, one bedroom apartment , basically the necessities) I don't need more than what I would be making in the position. After topping out I would be earning about $2,800 a month, so with a one bedroom apartment and minimal bills I would be more than fine. She disagreed and brought up the possibility of a child to which I replied that if there was a child that needs, I would look into earning enough money to provide what the child needs. Basically, the point was that I don't believe money is important beyond what you need to survive, the rest is luxury. She believes that money is 75% of life (she actually said this) and that the more money you make, the happier and better a person you will be.

Now don't get it wrong, I think money is important BUT only up to the point of survival. I think being comfortable with how you feel as a person about yourself and what YOU are, not what you have, is thousands of times more important than having enough money to buy whatever you want and live comfortably financially. So, which side of the spectrum do you lean towards, and why?

if u think that way, your thinking small... what if u kept that thinking and lived "basic" but made a lot more money and helped or added to help 10,; 100, ;1,000,000 people be able to live as securely as u wish too. your not as selfish and dumb as that lady but your still pretty selfish when u have the oppertunity to help... cuz it would be the same selfishness if u had a lot of money and didn't help anybody as it is to not have a lot of money and not be able to help anyone else when u had the chance to put yourself in a situation where u could.

Big Pic- Whore of the World ( youtube video)

Jesus saves, even from paranoia

myspace.com/marktimothyschafer
my reverbnation.com page
Send a message via AIM to M&rk Send a message via MSN to M&rk   Reply With Quote