View Single Post
Old 01-29-07, 07:01 AM   #26
Blackmage
Is F'in Bored

IP:

^^^First intelligent post......

KRS - ONE is an icon yes his opinion matters

Who won the battle between LL and Canibus is all on what you look for in a battle, same as who won between 50 and jada, lyrically jada destroyed 50 but i hear less....in tune with lyrics lets say, people arguing that 50 "put him on blast"....whatever

The south to me is MAINLY garbage, but you have to admit that the south artists that actually ARE good, fucking ripped up the game. Missy elliot and outcast are fucking borderline hip hop revoloutionary to me, the first to take new stances not just in hip hop but in life if you listen to why they make their music -look it up instead of trying to argue about how unrevoloutionary they are- BUT THE TRUTH REMAINS the majority of the south is garbage.
Then again that's just because that's not what i'm into but who am I to dictate the world right. If you like the mike jones, etc. Be my guest just don't listen to it around me.

As for hiphop being dead, people think hip hop is what...3 different elements: rap, breaking, and dj...ing. To me all fucking 3 have been commercialized to death. To me hip hop is staying fresh because hip hop is about self expression, krumping for example is new hip hop. Proved to me the other day when a friend of mine said, "Krumping is a sad ass stupid version of breaking, it's just like...full body convulsions it's retarded" which is what they said about breaking at first...it won't last. Now it's a sub culture. But to me the original 3 elements are dead. Rap is at an all time low, breaking is at an all time low and dj...ing (is that the way to say it?) is on the decline.

HIP HOP IS NOT HOWEVER. Hip hop was originally about not focusing on what we as people didn't have, but what we did have and an analyzation of our lives. So since i am hip hop i'm moving on with hip hop. Isn't hip hop about creation and self expression. So instead of dwelling on what we're losing, why shouldn't we all try looking up for our crowded dinner table for the next make shift dinner table and helping rebuild hip hop in a new generation. By the time the vultures are finished picking at the last table, me ebrics and enygma will be moving on to the next table and the straglers behind us can have those scraps whilst we keep on building hip hop just in front of them and letting the remains crumble on their heads while ours stay in the air.

THIS HAS BEEN ANOTHER LONG ASS DRAWN OUT POST BY BLACKMAGE
HAVE A NICE DAY

Knowledge is Power, Stop being Weak

The Legend of Blackmage
Featuring such heads as...Tha Q, 9th degree, Enygma,The green team, Big J and probably you! SO DON'T SLEEP!

Coming soon to a soundclick near you...

........Shit.....Nigga.......