View Single Post
Old 01-30-07, 08:41 AM   #11
Triple_N
Ya mom massages my nuts

IP:

Damn son I haven't peeped u in a serious min, so I figured I'd give ya a listen....ah'ight first off I gotta talk about the flow...it was interesting to me cuz it was a mixture of other MCs styles..like when u opened song wit hook the flow was unmistakably Joe Budden...that dragged out fully pronunciated style Budden to a T....then on the verses it was Jr Writer...an u would alternate btw having the repeated rhyme word addlib an then dropping the lib...however it worked well for this track jus being as familiar wit the Tristate mixtape market as I am...Jr/dipset mimic flows is getting tired.....ya delivery has greatly improved since I last listened...u learned how to convey emotion without yelling...good shit...Lyrically was decent...I love punchlines as much as the next man but in sum songs it takes away from the theme...it woulda been iller if u zoned out on ya message more instead of throwing punches in there jus so katz can marvel at ya metaphors. Also the verse lacked continuity IMO, u kept jumping back an forth btw bragging an rapping bout being the underdog....It woulda been better if u structured it so each verse had its own focus..like verse 1 u brag/explain why u a black diamond..verse 2 u talk about katz denying u a black diamond, verse 3 u talk about how u gon overcome those sleeping on u....but the whole song was stuck on verse 1 i.e brag/ why I'm a black diamond. Production was ill love the beat....hook was good, no complaints there...overall a good song...it was def an enjoyable listen son, anyways thats my 2 cents...stay up....1
So, when you consumed with his...don't get mad when everyone else is
Send a message via AIM to Triple_N   Reply With Quote