Thread: The LBL Cypher
View Single Post
Old 02-04-07, 05:16 PM   #129
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

I will actually say one more thing though to you people from letsbeef. This argument was pointless and so it breaks down like this... REAL CRITICISM!

If you ask a lot of strictly text battlers, they will tell you the same thing. Your text verses use the "Audio-Style". That used to be acceptable back in 2004. This is why I call your style the 2004 Style. You are writing a text verse based on how you would drop on a mic. No doubt, if we was dropping on a mic and you put your shit down and I put a text-style verse down I would get laughed at and owned to shit.

Text battling has evolved in the past 3 years into a style of its own, breaking away from the audio-esque text verses. Whilst some sites still deem an audio text verse acceptable and think it is dope, sites like RapVerse, RapBattles, RapMusic, ProjectRhyme, B-Boys, BragginWrites.... they don't.

AUDIO and TEXT are two completely different styles. Text is all about wording, concepts, punches/personals. Obviously, multi rhyming becomes a factor because if you have it with fresh punches and dope wordplay you'll have an even better verse. It also increases your flow and shit. But, flow and multies fall below the main aspects of a text verse.

A text verse with dope wordplay and punches but an average flow and rhyme scheme will beat out a text verse with a dope flow and multi rhyme scheme but played wordplay and shitty ass punches.

You have your style, it is still strong on your site so I can't blame you I guess for thinking it is the shit, because it is on YOUR site. But on this site, Text and Audio are separate and do not blend in any way, thus, your style on this site will be frowned upon by most.