View Single Post
Old 02-05-07, 11:22 PM   #84
Compose

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi-Kon
That's fucking ridiculous. You honestly believe there is a better chance an all-knowing, perfect being rose out of no where, able to create anything any time it wants, and then created the Big Bang? Give me a fucking break.

The chance of a being living outside of time and space = infinity over 1,
The chance of the universe having always existed = much less over 1, despite the improbability of life rising

Chance is NOT an arguable point for faith. Simple-minded people always need to have a creator of something complex, even when the needless introduction of that creator (Occam's Razor) would make the complex object far, far more implausible.

But hey, most caucasians believe Jesus, Adam, and Eve were white too.

1. if god is a perfect being whos always been there, he didnt "rise out of nowhere" thats the point i was trying to make, i find it easier to believe that a being was ALWAYS there and never began since he's not within our definition of time, rather then an explosion happening randomly. A god thats always been there isnt random, a god beginning and then creating a big bang IS stupid, but i dont believe god "began" like how we define it and didnt have an "introduction".

2. im not a caucasion that believes all that adam and eve etc. were white type shit

3. i understand the concept of a perfect god is extremely flawed and know some of the arguments against it that just cant be answered, but i still choose to believe anyway cuz its what gets me through life, hoping theres something after it, cuz if not ...then whats the point? i'd go around robbing and killing anybody to get ahead if that was the case

4. i dont believe the bible and its gay stories, even though i believe there's a god, i dont believe we'll truly know until we die and we as humans arent meant to know in my opinion until we die which i guess would make me agnostic or somethin, so im not some bible hugging fag who lives his life by it, im just saying why i believe in a god more-so then the big bang
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus