View Single Post
Old 02-09-07, 09:40 PM   #21
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gunner
Man, I was hoping essays weren't going to be required, I do enough of those in school, but I feel Nos is one of the best people to debate on this with.

First off, Nos, I am not forcing you to believe anything, you just naturally assumed that I was saying 'I AM RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG'. No where in my original post did I say anything bout that. If you believe different, then by all means go ahead. You have an opinion just like me and everyone else, the only difference is you refuse to admit that you might be wrong or your opinion can be corrected in certain parts, just like hardcore Christians such as Q and Past Tense. I'm sorry but that is the plain truth. The point of this thread was to help people by answering questions that they might have about my faith or what some Christians believe. I was raised in a Lutheran school, so I know how they think and what they believe. Now, I will answer your post in sections.
----------------------------------------------------------

1. The same way many people believe that all the history is correct. Few realize how altered many books are. It is possible that Yosef was only a prophet, since many called Elijah the son of man, and some still believed it when Yosef began preaching. The Bible is not only a key factor in the Christianity faith, but it is to a point, a book of history. Many of the stories told, are true. The famine of Egypt, Yosef's life, etc... On to the nomination of a Saviour, the people were not suppose to nominate him, God was. People had waited thousands of years, and just wanted the Saviour to arrive. They named John the Baptist the saviour despite the fact he denied it, as I previously stated, they also named Elijah the Messiah despite the fact he ALSO denied it. If no man alive can nominate a Messiah, then it must be from a greater power if you believe in God sending his son to save the world.

2. I will start by saying this now, religion itself is a load of crap. Religion is nothing but what men think we should do to please a God, when in The Bible it cleary states that as long as you believe Jesus died, then you are saved. Christianity was nothing but a way to make money. Now, the original religion behind Jesus was Judaism, a religion founded hundreds of years before Jesus, but the Jews believe a saviour will come for them, and only them. In The Bible many people point out the fact that the Jews were God's chosen people, and people who were not Jews (Gentiles) would be cast in hell. Now, my interpretation is that Jews include everyone that believes. Not necessarily a person with heritage from Israel, but a person who believes in the Trinity and the fact Jesus died for you. Jesus was excecuted not for his miracles which could have simply been magic, but for the fact he was causing many people to turn away from the gov's religion, and to his own. Causing many to rebel and possibly a civil war. The govt. probably felt if they killed the prophet they killed the uprising, not realizing it would only fuel the belief more.

3. The old world saw what we only can think of, what if they saw him perform the miracles? Now, at its core, Christianity is not a bad way of life, it teaches morals that are good for the world. Helping your neighbor, respecting your parents, obeying your elders, etc...but in the world humans have corrupted the belief by turning it into a religion with rituals. Due to greed and dishonesty, humans made it so that they might make money off something some people require to make it in life. Also, many 'Christians' do not follow the beliefs taught by The Bible, so they can hardly be classified as Christians at all, but because there are an abundance of those kind, it is the general view on Christianity which is sad, but part of life. Athiests for example as seen as evil and corrupt people that have no moral fiber which can be true and not even close. I know a very kind athiest that is giving and listens to you when you need a friend, but I also know a couple of extremists that are worse then Christians.

4. True, but as I said previously, The Bible is also a historical document but I really don't feel like looking up the verses to reinforce some things (The famine in Egypt is one).
------------------------------------------------------------
This is the basic thing man, everyone will believe what they wish to believe and everyone will want to be the winning side when all is said and done. When their body begins to shut down, people generally turn to religion because it is comforting, but when times are tough they claim that there is no God. Basically, the fickleness of people will not change, no matter how long the world exists and no matter how long humans inhabit the world. To not even consider another belief to be correct or analyze it, is the type of ignorance displayed by Q and Past Tense, because you believe you are right and refuse to hear another word against what you believe. If this is not the case, and you are just sick of bein pressured into thinking one thing is right, and one is wrong, then stop pressuring others that you are right.

A world of evil will only turn righteous when it is in their favor.

Aiight awesome.. You got my respect for this post for sure bro..

But I feel as though you at first admit humans have been clutching at straws as to who to name the jewish messiah for a long ass time and you dont nessecarily believe it to be true that weve actually found the one messiah in yeshua definatly beyond reasonable doubt.

But you go on to say that you ARE christian because you believe 'jesus' has died which stipulates that you know he has already walked the earth.

This is the type of leanience and contradictive reasoning I usually have a problem with.. I understand your concept of faith (although I dissagree with it), but I think when we apply rational to the validity of the christian religion, your religion suffers on a number of levels and 'faith' isnt always gonna be that magic word to hide behind when illogical belief's are questioned.

Possibly you dont care.. You do seem real blasé when it comes to giving a fuck about being staunch in your belief's.. All I'm trying to say is although christianity works for a large population of people who dont really understand properly the complex history behind this religion or certain questionable points especially relating to the naming of jesus christ which IS infact the main point of 'christ'ianity, if you think outside the box... Maybe a lot of people who call themselves christians, in reality......should leave their alliance to this warped belief system and begin to make up their own mind about life.

Obviously you dissagree?