View Single Post
Old 02-15-07, 08:48 AM   #4
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Phoenix
so am i correct in believing you don't have to go to church (where people are full of s) to prove you believe in God and your belief in God comes from the way you feel and not what you do each sunday?

Actually, the bible says in the book of Hebrews that we should not "forsake the assembling of yourselves together." In other words, we're supposed to gather together to worship for various reasons:

1. Support (people can get help at church)
2. Rejuvenation (people with common interests gather strength from each other)
3. Learning (the bible says "faith comes by hearing the word of God") Therefore, going to church is integral in the increase of our faith. Some people argue that they can "learn" or "read the bible" at home. While this is true, do you stay home from school and educate yourself? No. Can you stay home and read the textbook? Yes. However, to get that deeper understanding we sit under someone who is experienced and wise enough to break down what we need to know.

So, to answer your question, YES, we are supposed to go to church. However, how often is left up to you. I wouldn't suggest going more than a couple weeks at a time without going to church.
Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote