View Single Post
Old 02-19-07, 09:03 AM   #2
P To Tha R!
The Most Feared Gang!

IP:

Aight peepin'...

Glish are decent, not feeling them that much. Intro is good...real hyped...Delivery is good on this you putting alot in this, flow doesn't really fall off but the way you delivery makes it hard to hear all the lines nah mean. Hook is a clever idea but homie I don't think it worked. The quick flow etc. on that and the way you spit it sounded like a verse. But emotion is dope on this, I do believe what you're saying nah mean. I like how you started the hook however homie...when you went off with the "quickness and deliverence" it really fell down in my opinion. But verses have no prolems for me, it's like this beat was custom made for you, hope you win the competetion. Multis are hot and all the lyrics I heard were good.

So let's sum it up homeboy..

The Good Shit:

- The Flow
- Delivery
- Emotion
- Lyrics

Bad Shit/Work On:

- Hook
- Hook mixing

And regarding the hook, Ive learnt the best hooks are the ones that carry a melody. In you're verse you follow the snare, the drum. In the hook you follow the melody of the beat. That's what makes 50 a beast. Even if it's the most gangsterish shit, you can put a melody to it, that's how people subconciously will ride to it. Because in their mind theyre bumping to the beat, so by the hook following melody of the beat, you won't be off flow, it will subconciously trick the listener into feeling it more, because it's more catchy. Don't get me wrong, rap hooks are ok..but nobody ever finds it catchy, it just becomes another verse perhaps. For me I study cats like 50 for the trick to get the hook..and that basically moulds thye song. Cos remember a trick to a dope song is:

1. A Great Beat
2. A Great Intro
3. A Catchy Hook

Word..good joint though..dolla at me