View Single Post
Old 02-23-07, 04:37 PM   #15
WaX Da DreaM
New to RV

IP:

Damn, it's about time this had a turn-out...

Some good points raised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
but hip hop today is posion...and if u want to see a change..dont just talk about it...GO AND MAKE A CHANGE......MLKJ didn't make a change sitting behind a computer whining

Even though that sounds a little radical to me, that's what we got to do more or less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Knowledge
Of course, sex is great. I think Britney Spears, Christina Agalera, Paris Hilton, etc. send a worse sexual message than the hip hop I listen to.

One of the best arguements I heard against that.. But I don't think that they're mad about Hip Hop sending an overly "sexual" message; They're mad about Hip Hop objectifying women... Which for the most part, only applies to mainstream shit... Take Mos Def's videos for example, you don't see him rappin with mad bitches shakin their ass around him and shit.. He keeps his shit straight creative, and lyrical.. That's what we need, more ingenuity in the game.. These little high school kids walking around with red bandanas saying "aye", thinking thats shits cool.. Nah, that shit IS NOT cool, that aint hip hop.. It would be one thing if they were actually bloods, but they're using the red flag as a fashion symbol(Not to mention they might run across some REAL dudes, whether b's or c's, and get hurt..)..

Anyway, to get back to the point(sorry im mad blazed), we all need to just step our games UP and remember our musical roots.. Remember what this shit's about..

-Wax-

Quote:
The blood of a scholar, is worth a thousand times more, than the blood, of a martyr.

..-Hip Hop Forever-..
Send a message via AIM to WaX Da DreaM Send a message via MSN to WaX Da DreaM   Reply With Quote