View Single Post
Old 02-25-07, 06:57 PM   #12
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Q
wow @ you jumping to conclusions...The book is about how to tap into your feelings. One correction though, it's by ARNOLD Patent, not John.

But, with such a negative attitude from the jump, I see why they don't work for you.

And yes, I'm saying feelings are the safest bet to follow. People didn't misunderstand. They're doing exactly what I'm saying, using their logic instead of what they feel. They've been taught that "feelings" can not be trusted. So, they've going along with it. I know better though.

Also, people don't have a hard time feeling feelings...They have a hard time facing and accepting them.

I'm just saying... There are good self help books out there, but that one you mentioned probably isn't one of them. I did some research for you.

"Arnold Patent's Book is a typical simplistic 'new age' treatise.' It is very preachy and blame oriented i.e if your life is a mess then it is your fault, you created it. The cornerstone of his philosophy is 'Integrity' but is really moralistic. Although it is very wordy and repetitive there is very little substance to the book. Has sold well over the years because of its title which is the hook, the promise of a supremely abundant life, which is another way of expressing greed at any cost. This fits nicely in the long tradition of 'Get rich quick schemes' by selling 'How to get rich' books. There are no short cuts in life."

I've just read some of Arnold Patent's shit. Basically he has taken age old eastern philosophies, and turned them from selfless into selfish and included many forces that don't exist in the way he describes them. His shit won't work, you might feel like it will or does, but the feeling will fade and dissapear. His writing is true to his heart, but his heart is NOT in the right place, which is not his fault.