View Single Post
Old 03-15-07, 10:22 PM   #20
M the Literal
New to RV

IP:

You have it backwards, Smash'Alot. People who don't believe in God are traditionally not responsible for persecuting religious people, icons like Dawkins aside. Religious people are usually the ones attacking people who aren't religious on the grounds that we are attacking religious people, which we are not.

How it generally goes is X asks me what I think, I tell X, and then I am oppressing X with my thoughts because I don't believe in whatever. This is not my personal experience, this is the experience of the atheistic movement as a whole, if you can call it that. Someone will express an opinion, and then suddenly all non-believers are suppressing belief in God and if you don't send your money now, Satan will surely triumph.

Why is this so? Because atheists don't actually care about converting people (except for, as I said earlier, Dawkins and his sycophants, who are reactionaries), whereas Christians and Muslims do. Major religions have an interest in painting the other side as the enemy because they want converts for whatever reason. Atheists have no agenda that would make them want to get people on their side that badly. I leave Judaism out here because the Jews aren't really interested in converting people unless they have some Jewish heritage already, and even so, there isn't a massive "get the Jews back!" campaign being waged.

Your "you can follow science, which will be different in a few months" argument is also ridiculous. Do you think that religion doesn't evolve? It does; the way you interpret documents evolves. They're religion's evidence. It just so happens that science's evidence is the natural world. The way you interpret things will always be based upon history, whether you agree or disagree with what was written in the past. Non-religious science is just as founded upon history as religious thought is.

In summary, you're an idiot.

P.S.: No, I'm not calling all Christians idiots. I'm calling you an idiot. You who post on RapVerse as Sir Smash'Alot. You are an idiot.