View Single Post
Old 03-26-07, 06:50 PM   #40
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Soc: To me it seemed like they were just giving him props for his moves and shit. Some of them might have liked the song, that's just because it probably was their taste in music.

And about the song being a sellout... The world runs on selling out. If you are getting mad at people for selling out, you should remember to get mad at basically everyone. Businessmen would do anything to get the top of the employment ladder, that is a form of "selling out." Food places entice you to buy their shit with colors and climates and pictures, instead of it just being about the taste of the food.

If a cook is a good cook, is he selling out by charging money for his food? If there is a stronger demand for a particular kind of dish, is he selling out if he favors and promotes that dish instead of other dishes that he or other customers like better? People are just trying to make a living in this crazy world. Don't forget to get mad at your priest next time you go to church. What nerve. Selling out and being PAID to teach people about Christianity.. If he was a real Christian he would do it for free. If phenom was a REAL rapper he would stay true to his underground roots and not make music that appeals to a wide audience. If you are going to blame anyone, blame the majority of people that likes something different to what you like, don't blame the man shaping his products into something that will make money.

I'm sure you have/want a job, so you can make money, so you can get things you want. Why sell out? Why feed the commercial and industrial machine? If you were really true to existence you would run away and live in a hermitage by yourself. THEN you wouldn't be a sell out. I'm just kidding, not really calling you a sellout... But do you see what I mean? Selling out IS bad, but you can't blame people for it. They were raised in that way, it's just how society works.

When you were growing up, did your mama say to you "Now son, if you ever discover something that you can do that a lot of people will pay for, a thing that will make you successful and wealthy, DON'T do it."?

blah blah money isnt everything etc success isnt measured by wealth. You know all that, but there's not much that can be done.. It's just how the world works.

I'd like to say that I wouldn't sell out for hip-hop but I can't say it's a definite truth. Difference being hip-hop isn't some hobby or way of making a living IMO, it's art, and to sell out and fuck up a genre of art that continually gets shitted on when you're supposed to love it, is fucking whack. But like I already said, I can't sit here and say there's no fucking way I'd sell out, I'm just saying from where I see it now I don't think I ever could.

But yeah, I did come at him kinda shady, but thats the way Phenom and I work, if you couldn't tell.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!