View Single Post
Old 03-31-07, 09:25 PM   #3
Compose

IP:

FREESTYLE

without question, i see it as, if you cant freestyle at all for a battle then you shouldnt be battling, period, thats not to say you cant use writtens once in a while, but you should be able to hold your own freestyling

i say you have a few written punchlines in the back of your head INCASE you cant think of shit, but you're supposed to diss your opponent based on whats happening AT THAT TIME and moment, his clothes, style, last verse he said etc., full verse writtens in a battle is extremely gay imo

getting a crowd on your side by dissing his appearance and flipping everything on him ON THE SPOT, gets you WAY more cheering then if you just said a bunch of random punchlines

theres heads like the saurus, illmaculate and nocando from the west coast that are INSANE in freestyling, i'd vouch that the saurus will tear up any written someone would have

dont know if you know scribble jam, but the prize for that last year was 10,000$ or 50,000$ one of them, and A LOT of heads really freestyle, cuz most of the people there know it takes really good skill to go off the top

however i can see where you're coming from like, lets say its the last battle and theres like 10 g's on the line or somethin and the other guy just spit a really good written and you're out of shit to say like freestyle-wise, then i'd say yea you'd have to go with writtens at that point cuz i wouldnt give up 10 g's like that, but to go through an entire event saying nothing but writtens, and every single battle you do is written...THATS really gay imo
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus