Thread: Identity
View Single Post
Old 05-17-07, 02:33 AM   #21
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit
So was your whole point of this thread to frown upon the Christian religion? Or was the question actually the whole point of the thread?

Now I like the fact that you said you shouldn't believe what people TELL you or what they TEACH you. But the part that I disagree with you about is the whole relationship with God.

I speak for myself when I say that YES all I need is a relationship with God and I AM happy. No things aren't always easy but that comes with anything in life. Things will NEVER run smoothly. And that's not what a relationship with God entails for you. Nobody ever said "Have a relationship with God and be free of any problem in the world".

How can you yourself speak of something if you have yet to experience it?

And Yes you can improve relationships. Just like in any other relationship, you must spend time with the person on the opposite end. Wether that is by praying, or reading His Word, or even by meditating upon it. It strengthens the relationship. When we pray we talk to God, when we read the Bible he speaks to us. And that is how we improve our relationship with God.

I don't know if I started to go off topic, but let me know if I did. And I'm no smart wiz guy. I just have some knowledge about what I believe in.

No, the point of this thread was not to frown on Christianity, and I didn't mean to do that. Sorry if I did.

I think the way I was addressing PT was unclear, I was actually asking him personally whether all he needs is a relationship with God.

I must say, I completely disagree with what you said about having a relationship with God. I don't think it's possible to strengthen or weaken the relationship by any means. Do you think God is external from this world? Would such an important thing be so far off from our actual existence? It says in the bible that God is everywhere, God is everything. There is no way that you CAN'T have a relationship with God. The relationship is there whether you like it or not.

If you think you can change the relationship, you are being selfish and egotistical. You are basically patronizing God. What is it you have to do to be saved? I'm sure you've heard the answer to that a million times. Is it DOING anything? Is it going to church, reading the bible, being a Christian, giving to the poor, not judging anybody, forgiving others or turning the other cheek? Of course it isn't. It's nothing. You don't have to do anything, to be saved all you have to do is accept the fact that you are saved. You're already saved, you think there is something you can do so that "God" will love you more or less than the next man? You are viewing a relationship with a force that you don't understand in the same way you view a relationship with another human being.

I don't get what it is with people, they think they need to work hard and do all these things and then finally obtain their reward because of their efforts. They can't accept the fact that it is easy as pie to receive salvation. I guess that's what makes it so hard.