View Single Post
Old 06-01-07, 11:11 AM   #33
don cardyac
Light Weight

IP:

Originally Posted by Feeble Minded
he's not good at marketing. what don't you dudes get? he doesn't do his own marketing. Lol.

he doesn't do his own marketing, he feeds off of the popularity he had way back when he 1st. came out. 50 lyrics didn;t matter but it was who he was and what he was doing that got all of the attention buzz and popularity around him.

1.dr.dre & eminem co-sign you. promotion/popularity enough with this alone.(especially back then)
2.the only new york rapper since nas to be signed with aftermath.
3.people we're getting tired of jarule and it was kinda fun seeing him getting ripped by some new guy.
4.dude had a captivating life story. which turned into a movie.
5.he had made a huge buzz b4 aftermath by putting out a whole rack of mixtapes, a decent alum that never got released(power of the dollar), and beefing with everybody he could just to get popular off of them.

and back then even tho his lyrics we're better, people really didn't care cuz they we're more into his movement and image.

then he gets rich and turns hypocrit by doing the same things that he talked down on his rivals for doing (singing too much, going commercial, selling out, getting popular and switching to a new style thats wack just cuz you have already built a fanbase, etc.)

listen to "how to rob, jacking for jay-z, be a gentleman, backdown, etc". you'll see what i'm saying.

yeah he makes money but its more about his movement, the things he does,his beefs, beats and his image than lyrically. and when it all boils down (lyrics are what makes an emcee. all the other things are superficial.

MY MUSIC. CONSTANTLY UPDATED!!!!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=527460