View Single Post
Old 06-02-07, 09:24 PM   #7
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

By your standards I am probably the most fake guy you will ever meet. I don't believe in the existence of a personal "self" as more than an illusion, so I'm not really bound to being myself. There aren't any traits I would consider innate or natural to my "personality." Most of the time I basically just go along, being nothing, of course it seems to people like I do have a personality but it's their perceptive mistake.

Also, sometimes I adopt personalities for fun. That's why you might consider me fake. If I feel like acting like someone I will just be that person, it doesn't really bother me. You should try it one time. One of the cool ones is to believe I am basically one of the most skilled, amazing, untouchable people in the world and nobody can step to me in any way. It's so interesting, since my walk, facial expression and mannerisms all give off that impression, I see people glancing at me, or when I look at them they look away, and if people are in the way of where I'm walking they get out of the way real quick. I can generally feel that people are intimidated by my presence.

Then after that, I usually try being some really shy guy with huge self esteem problems that has no confidence in any part of himself. People basically never look at me when I'm like that, they don't move out of my way, I have to move out of theirs and weave between people and shit. If people make eye contact with me I quickly look away.

Of course, it isn't all about playing around. Not having a self is also useful in interacting with the people you have to interact with. I have a personality I use for my gf, only when there are problems between us. It is very painful for her a lot of the time, she doesn't know what goes on with me. Imagine loving somebody without a real personality. There is nothing to "love" (btw Im talking about love in the sense that it is thought of in society). So I have a boyfriend personality that makes her happy. There is I think one person that knows the "real me" as a human without a self.

I have a question about this though.

Do you guys think it's morally wrong for me to do that? Is it bad that I act in different ways to make people like my gf, friends, family, acquaintances and even strangers happy? Keep in mind that I don't feel at all bound to acting in any particular way, so I don't feel like I am not "acting like myself."