View Single Post
Old 07-13-07, 11:49 PM   #12
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
im sorry Soc... he's not an artist... u have to have concepts.... u have to have lines that i dont throw away everyday.... and yea, he does miss horribly 10% of the time, and 60% of the time its like "eh" and then the other 30% hit good.... that doesnt make an artist.... he fuckin just throws everythin at the wall and hopes somethin sticks.... why do u think all u do is see him go on a REMIX and do a "freestyle" or u see him do a collabo and have only one verse.... cuz he cant carry a whole song with that style... he goes off track way too much..

and ur comparison with Jay-Z isnt 1. as blatant and 2. as comparable because songs are suppose to have consistency.... ur not suppose to do random shit

and trust me, i went thru my lil wayne phase and it died FAST cuz i realize he does the same shit... his style is so predictable and easily replicated.... one of my boys did his own lil wayne verse... a 4 minute freestyle (even does the voice) and honestly, if u hadnt told people it wasnt wayne, they woulda been laughin cuz it was an "ill" wayne verse instead of laughin because of how well he mocked him....

shit, i remember that someone else (i think it was apexx) linked everyone in LL to a different person fakin a lil wayne verse...... and i SAW comments in the thread of people who hadnt read first that it was a FAKE... and i saw NUMEROUS comments where people were like "this shit was ill" and even a few people who were sayin THIS was the reason he was the greatest rapper alive

smh.... i really dont respect his style... DID IT BEFORE... have u heard DID IT BEFORE.... its a kind of cool concept for about THIRTY SECONDS and then gets way too annoying and repetitive, and actually repeats the same meaning behind the "did it before"s

See, just because dumbasses like Wayne for a dumbass reason, doesn't mean everyone likes Wayne for that same reason. And like I said, he experiments a lot and sees what reaction he gets. Other than that, it's a difference in opinion from there and useless in arguing.

I think it's kind of like how I don't like Pac. I don't like his shit, I think it's repetitive, predictable and actually pretty whack, but I still learned that I only saw it that way because my perspective was different than his target audience. If people want to talk about greatest rappers, I'll bring up Pac eventually even though I don't like him, cuz I respect what he did, even if it wasn't for me.

Yes I just compared Wayne to Pac.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!