View Single Post
Old 07-21-07, 06:42 PM   #25
O//^\\EGA
Flyweight

IP:

i guess the announcement about hip hop bein in the south is still debateable..... cuz shyt last time i looked, u got NY goin to the south for alot of they tracks, mixtape and album wise anyway heres my selection

1. Lil Wayne - the dude can do just about anything....... from south to north, trance to damn love songs, concepts and all..... hes got the ability to change flow too!!?? shyyyytt..... dude is a lyricist and a rapper all in one, wordplay, emotion and flow.....not to mention metaphors and the ability to get on some street shyt and still apply the components needed to be a lyricist..... battle emcee worthy as well

2.Ludacris - i like em cuz hes true, never sold dope.... and still keeps it lyrical, does the club ish but still keeps it hood, and hes the type to give back to the hood... but thats besides the point, the niggas been goin hard for a minute and is only gettin better.... lyrically hes nice when hes really focused, ill flow at times too.... not bad for a nigga from Chi

3. Field Mob - they match up with Luda almost blow for blow, illness when it comes to flow and applies wordplay, plus they got humor and emotion like whoa.......

4. Young Jeezy - lyrical rapper.... a lil somethin like wayne but without the ability to change flow, dude has some nice concepts, makes hits and well, shyt hes true in his raps, dont necessarily agree on everything he says either but hes a pretty good lyricist in my book

5. Outkast - shyt..... if u aint heard of them then u really havent heard of lyricists in the south

6. Scarface - legend........nuff said

7. Bun B - i aint really feelin him hard, but he surprised me in a few tracks, dude can hold his own.....

8. Currency - hes pretty good, potential..... he just needs to kinda not be like Weezy to me tho

9 and 10.... shyt it really dont matter from here cuz everyone else doesnt really catch my eye, yea even TIP.......