Thread: Nothing.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-07, 12:36 AM   #33
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic/Socrates
I imagine that what it was like before I was born is exactly what it will be like after I die. So, on a related note, I suppose to be scared of death is to be scared of the same thing that was before life. There was nothing, from the perspective of 'me' at least, and when I die it will be that way again. No blackness, no space, no lost memories, no time, no emotions, no knowledge, no pain, no bliss even........just absolutely nothing.

Just trying to un-mutilate this thread. =/

finally, someone with something of value to say.

like you said though, that "nothingness" isn't nothingness in it's entirety. That is soley your perspective. All those things still exist in the world, only difference is, you have lost the ability to recognize anything.

And i wouldn't say that to fear death is to fear the pre-birth experience all over again....I would say it's more, the fear of death is the fear of never being happy again. Never getting to do the things you love doing. While you are free from suffering, you are also kept from happiness. Not to mention, some people are a little shook by the idea of hell. But realistically....I think fear of death is a condition that is un-avoidable, it can only be treated when you reach a certain level of maturity and acceptance. As humans, especially americans...we're afraid of change. And Death is the biggest change any of us can possibly go through. It's not something we think about and spook ourselves with, but I think sub-conciously it's definately an active thought.

Time is not long, and indecision is hells cemment. So the well is rented, untill heaven is relevant. Untill then, to be eloquent, sex cells, so le'ts cellibate.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote