Thread: Nothing.
View Single Post
Old 07-30-07, 11:00 PM   #45
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCadaverx
Well, I'm sure technically, and I guess obviously, nothing really doesn't exist.

But a definition is not a fully explanation, I've found myself confused still and wondering about things after looking up a word or whatever.

noth·ing –noun
1. no thing; not anything; naught: to say nothing.
2. no part, share, or trace (usually fol. by of): The house showed nothing of its former magnificence.
3. something that is nonexistent.
4. nonexistence; nothingness:
dictionary.com

I guess what I'm trying to say is, how are you so sure our own human communication did not make up the literal thought and creation of "nothing". Or even if nothing exists.

"In the beginning, there was nothing."
^I guess that just makes things harder to understand for me.

see, this where the conversation should have gone 3000000 posts ago..thankyou for dis-connecting words from reality.

And speaking from a non-religious point of view....not saying that I am not religious, just trying to be objective as possible.

Our human communication DID create the literal thought of "nothing"

Because human communication, in general, is an attempt to explain the world at hand.

And with such a literal perspective, people seek answers for everything, and tend to create them through logic.

IE...if something exists...and nothing is the opposite of something...than nothing must exist as well.

when in reality, the existance of something is what makes nothing impossible.

Since the beginning of time(assuming you don't believe time is infinite) we've tried to make sense of things we have no business understanding...and we havn't succeeded..we've just found a middle ground that is acceptable for now.

There is no reason to question the idea that nothing exists...because who cares?

to question it is extremely meaningless and empty. The only purpose this conversation even serves, is just an exercise to think outside of what we've been conditioned to think like, and to extend outside of this topic, into a more relevant topic, that is more rewarding to discuss, yet has no real answers.

honestly, who gives a shit about fact and fiction?

Time is not long, and indecision is hells cemment. So the well is rented, untill heaven is relevant. Untill then, to be eloquent, sex cells, so le'ts cellibate.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote