Old 07-31-07, 07:16 PM   #2
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

con·tain (kən-tān') Pronunciation Key
tr.v. con·tained, con·tain·ing, con·tains

1. To have within; hold.
2. To be capable of holding.
3. To hold or keep within limits; restrain: I could hardly contain my curiosity.
4. To halt the spread or development of; check: Science sought an effective method of containing the disease.
2. To have as component parts; include or comprise: The album contains many memorable songs.
1. To hold or keep within limits; restrain: I could hardly contain my curiosity.
2. To halt the spread or development of; check: Science sought an effective method of containing the disease.
4. To check the expansion or influence of (a hostile power or ideology) by containment.

----

The universe doesn't need to contain itself. You are adding unnecessary words and meanings... If you get rid of the crap:

1) The universe contains itself. (contains is unnecessary)
2) The universe is itself. (This is like saying an apple is an apple, it isn't necessary)
3) The universe is. (is is a language marker meaning something exists, it's all that's necessary here. You could even just say "The universe." but it would lack context.

---

That's just with the containing thing at the end of your post, i'll reply to the other stuff later.