View Single Post
Old 08-21-07, 07:40 AM   #13
strobe

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Bis711 [2:15 P.M.]: ok so you have a cd in the cd case
Bis711 [2:16 P.M.]: now what do you put the cd case in, a box? a envelope? and do you put 1 stamp? 2 stamps? etc., and basically how exactly does it have to be, in order for the mail place to accept it, and do you just go in the place and ask the teller like ..."mail this" or what

It all depends on the weight. A cd in a plastic sleeve plus a regular greeting card sized envelope is less than 1 oz. A cd case will make it a bit heavier. The cd case should be more than adequate to protect the cd, so just put it in an envelope and it'll weigh less than in a box. If you are too lazy to go to the post office, 3 * 41c stamps will be more than enough. If you really want to know how much it costs, just take it up to the clerk.. you don't even need to say anything to them.. just hand it to them in whatever package you had put in it. They'll weigh it and tell you how much.

I've mailed out hundreds of the rv mixtape cds in the last couple years in the plastic sleeves and the greeting card sized envelopes and being lazy, I stuck 2 * 32c (or 64 cents) stamps on them for the single cd mailings and they all got there fine. I don't know about this year's though, since they raised the price of first class mail to 41c, but going by usps.com, it says 58c for 1oz letter with a rigid object inside.