View Single Post
Old 09-24-07, 08:44 AM   #67
KM

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
I'm saying that musically, 90% of mainstream rap is terrible. It would take about half an hour to make a club beat that would top the charts instantly, 60 seconds to write the lyrics to go with it, and five minutes to think up the idiotic dance for people to do to it.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. The mainstream music industry is just that, it's an INDUSTRY. A business. They don't give a shit about music, they want your money. The money of little kids that don't think, that will buy into whatever image they push.

Saying that underground can't be better than mainstream doesn't make sense. It's mass production, they church out money making tracks because they are a money making business. They don't have the patience to try to make good music.

Think of it like this. A big furniture company might make tens of thousands of chairs a day in a factory. People buy the chairs because they are marketed well and made readily available. An old carpenter running a small business will never, ever be as successful as the big furniture company... but he sure as fuck can make good quality chairs. It's his life, it's what he does, he puts his heart and soul into every single chair he makes.

So are you telling me that just because a musician isn't making millions of dollars, they suck? Yeah, there are underground rappers that aren't successful because they suck at rapping, but there's also underground rappers that aren't successful because what they are doing is their life, they put their heart and soul into every track they make, it's their music, and there is no way in hell they are going to change their image and content just for the sake of making money.

I know I'm not going to get through to you... You're too far in. People like you listen to and love the music they are told to listen to and love. You have never ever listened to music in your life, you don't know anything about it. That's something you should accept.

You thinking you know about music is like somebody thinking they know all there is to know about food after eating everything on the McDonald's menu. There is a whole world of music out there that you aren't even aware of. Mainstream rap, even the entire mainstream music scene is a drop in the ocean compared the the vast amount of music there is in the world.

So don't go thinking your opinion on music is even worth considering when you, like all of your friends, and millions of other people, are nothing but little bitches playing into the hands of some record company's CEO.

^^^^^^AGREES.....well said......