View Single Post
Old 09-25-07, 11:07 PM   #79
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerB
buddy thats so stupid, and its making me mad how these sheeps are walking in this thread and agreeing to this.

are you kidding me? the kick dum shit you said was so stupid, what music has to have a complex beat or lyrics to be good? like no it cud be simple and better than any new complex shit, but thats just what the example you gave.

honestly what ur saying is, what you enjoy is good music, and the bad music you dont like is bad music.

and were in this thread was I talking about another Genre? dude you cant just bring rock or something in here. as I'm a hiphop head, i know little on other genre, that doesnt take away my knowledge on hiphop.

and now on the mainstream, it doesn't matter when they were mainstream, when they were mainstream made them a mainstream artist. people know them as a mainstream artist. even though it was the past it still made them that, and some still have stayed mainstream artist to this day.

like today mainstream isnt all that garage you say it is, off T.V mainstream artist are making GREAT music, the shit you see on T.V is majority commerical in my mind, thats what alot of artists do, but good mainstream artist like Lil wayne dont need to do that.

No, I'm saying the complete opposite to that. I don't know what you were thinking. You just said to me the exact same thing I said to you.

"honestly what ur saying is, what you enjoy is good music, and the bad music you dont like is bad music."

Uhhh... I'm pretty sure I raved on an on for a few paragraphs about how music is down to taste, and just because somebody (yes, I am a person, "somebody" includes me) doesn't like a certain kind of music doesn't mean it's bad music.

There is, however, an objective standard of what is good music and what isn't. This is completely different to whether people dislike it or like it. For example, Mozart was a musical genius, it is a fact that his compositions were good, musically. That doesn't affect whether people like his music or not.

People who know anything about music can obviously see that Mozart made good music, whether they like his music or not. They don't need to like or dislike a song to see whether it is good or bad.

My point, which you completely proved to be true, is that you don't know enough about music in general to be able to see what is good music and what isn't. Yes, you know what is good music TO YOU and what is bad music TO YOU, but that doesn't mean the music you think is good is actually good, and the music you think is bad is actually bad. You proved that when you said that you were a hip hop head, and you only know about hip hop.

So let me tell you exactly what I mean in relation to this thread so you don't miss the message again:

1. You think 50 cent's latest album is incredible.
2. From a neutral point of view, looking at the album factually, there is nothing special about it. It is average.
3. You are unable to see that it is average because your understanding of music is limited.