View Single Post
Old 12-24-07, 12:09 AM   #67
Jay Rose
I don't lose

IP:

ha its kinda sad how someone called it n the whole thread turned into a my dick is bigger then yours argument....

in response to the ike argument and a couple things that zone said its kinda like Q said...there are many different markets in which someone can make it, and being good is 90% opinion of what the listener likes....

like personally i cant vibe with zone cuz alot of what i hear (or heard) was about the "hood" and "gangsta" stuff....no grant it i can admit he has a good flow and knows his way around a beat but what he said isnt appealing to me, so i could say he sucks....he doesnt but its just not my thing...
so i think when you hear summers sayin his comment at the begining you have to look at it at what kind of music is appealing to him and understand the angle he's coming from and take it for what it is.....
you cant force your view of whats good on to other people about what they think may be good or not

but i would have to say to my ears the most consistantly good sounding artists at this site are/were

tito
enygma
Q
Self
ike
black magik
and apexx....

the rest had good songs here n there....may be on their way there but arent quite where those people are at....

i would have to say tho one thing ive noticed is to my style of music El Rey has just gone from zero to hero..like didnt he just hop on the mic a year ago...and id have to say he has become one of the few id consider for that list....def the most improved in my book n he keeps goin up

i wouldnt put myself in that list either for any who are goin to start shit....i have a style i like and i am marketable (well marketable enough ive been on the radio a few times) but i know i havent honed my craft to be where i want it to be yet.....

discuss...

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead