View Single Post
Old 04-14-08, 05:32 PM   #13
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmanner
meh...it's just one of those things

just like souljah boy becoming famous, if you look into it deeply enough you start finding holes in the logic

ROFL.....

But yeah, I used to say nigga all the time. I'd say it to my white friends, black friends, it didn't matter. I'd say "I got away with it because......." but there was nothing to get away with. Its the way it flows from your tongue that lets people know how you're using it. If you say it with hesitation or looking around for acceptance, then you obviously know its wrong for you to say it, so you shouldn't have said it in the first place. But if you just say it in casual conversation daily with people who know you, there's really no harm in it. Wer had a dude in our neighborhood we called Nigga Mike cause there was too many Mikes in our crowd. He took no offense, it was just a way of identifying which Mike you were talking about.

And to be honest, I don't really use the word anymore. I outgrew it. It was part of my vocabulary when I was in Philly cause of what I was around. Now that I've been in the army for a long time, moving from place to place, I just stopped saying it